Co-parenting is difficult and requires patience, compromise, and communication. The reality is that parents are people and by the time they get through the separation process, or maybe even before then, communication is completely gone. The people that pay that price are the children, regardless of how well-meaning each parent is at any given time. Many parents hire an attorney to advocate for them through the custody process which is sometimes necessary. Parents who want to improve their communication to help their kids can benefit by using a Parent Coordinator. Parent Coordinators are specifically trained to help parents resolve disputes, improve communication, plan—in short to be solution based so their kids are ok after all of this. The biggest benefits to using a Parent Coordinator are as follows:
- The time in the courtroom is reduced which lowers legal fees and time missed from work.
- Stress is reduced for both parents, their extended families, and most importantly the children.
- The parents learn new skills or brush up on old skills that they can teach the kids.
- Parent Coordinators are there to focus on the kids and they provide neutral safe ground to explore solutions to directly benefit the kids.
- The time, money, and energy not spent fighting with the other parent will create more time to spend with the children and to have more time for yourself
- Each parent pays half the cost so instead of paying two attorneys for two people to fight you are sharing the cost of one attorney who helps.